GT was founded in 2017 by a former executive from Apple, Nest and Google. GT’s mission is to build teams and products that address some of the more challenging requirements from fast-growth clients in Europe and North America.
We are looking for a Senior Back-end Developer Java/Kotlin to join UK startup, Wrisk — a mobile-first, frictionless platform that adapts to fit your life.
You can work fully remotely from any country, or in a mix of remote and office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Wrisk is reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and helping an outdated industry become relevant again in the process. The mobile-first, frictionless platform lets people interact with their insurance provider with the same ease, speed and transparency they’re already used to having with providers in other sectors. Customers can pay monthly, instantly make changes to their cover and bring all their disclosure, payment and claims information together in a single place.
Insurance at its heart, is a data product. We are looking for a passionate developer to join us to help extract value and insight from the data that we collect. You will be responsible for the reporting and data infrastructure as well as for creating and maintaining our reporting suites, data feeds and API’s.
You will be working as a core part of a small but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals. We build our own core technology platform and you will be instrumental in designing, developing, owning and evolving our data and reporting systems, making sure they are fit for purpose as we scale.
As a small company, you will be working in an dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the technical stack.
- Highly numerate with strong technical skills and a hunger to learn even more.
- Enthused by working in a fast-moving start-up environment.
- A great communicator, with the passion to dig in, analyse data, find opportunities and convince others to take action based on findings.
- Develop and implement ongoing reporting and support management information requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain data processing and data collection systems, databases, data analytics and other elements of our data strategy.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/dat systems.
- Develop and maintain data-related API’s, feeds and interfaces.
- Monitor data for errors and inconsistencies, help to fix data related issues.
- Work with colleagues and partners to identify MI requirements and prioritise business
and information needs.
- Identify, define and communicate new product and process improvement
- Good knowledge and experience of Java (Kotlin is not a must, but highly beneficial)
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem, using AWS data services (such as RDS Postgres, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2).
- Infrastructure as code, using tools such as Terraform or similar.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with JSON data sources.
- Experience with setting up and administering reporting packages (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability to administer web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Tag Manager).
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (we use CircleCI).
- Git (or experience with a similar distributed source control system).
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with server-side technologies including, REST, Node.js, Kotlin, and Dropwizard.
- Test driven development.
- Data science, Big Data and related technologies.
- Statistical methods used to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Experience designing data models for analytical querying, with familiarity with star schemas and other data warehousing techniques.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated data processing systems using Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) strategies.
- Data/information security and data protection regulations.
- Project Management tools (we use Jira).
- An opportunity to co-create valuable innovative solutions for millions of users.
- Be an early bird and join the newly created technical team in Kyiv, participate in setting the right standards of work and in the hiring process of the team.
- Flexible schedule, a mix of remote and office work.
- Cutting edge office in the center of Ukraine’s first innovation park — Unit.City.
- Medical insurance.
- Monthly commute allowance or free parking space.
- Best-in-class IT equipment mirroring our client set-up.
- Monthly education allowance for courses, training, books, events.
- Gym membership, after-work activities
- Daily lunches.
You will work directly with a client through our Extended Team model. We try to do things differently and put our efforts to integrate you as deeply as possible into the client's team. You work with the same tools and technologies as they do and communicate directly with a client without any intermediary in between. We help you build relationships and create an environment where you genuinely feel like a member of the core product team. Our clients usually come for a week each month and spend a lot of time with the team in Kyiv (after the pandemic). We also encourage trips to a client and joint teambuilding and after-work activities. Our Extended Team model is focused on long-term projects that last over several years.